April 29, 2022 | 7 – 9pm
Location: McKinney Center
We are proud to announce that The Wild Women of Jonesborough will be sponsoring Masterpiece Mingle! Tickets for Masterpiece Mingle are now available! This year’s event will be in person, on April 29, at 7 p.m. For your ticket, you will receive an artistic Masterpiece made by a regional artist. Tickets will be on sale now through April 22 at 6:30 p.m.
The name, “Masterpiece Mingle,” reflects the fact that, for your ticket price, you will receive a work of art to take home along with an evening of music, food, and fun! Light appetizers will be served.
In past years this event has been SOLD OUT! This year will be even better! We invite you to be a part of our largest fundraising event of the year!
HOW MASTERPIECE MINGLE 2022 WORKS:
- Purchase your ticket for the event here. Tickets will not be sold at the door.
- On the evening of April 29th, at the McKinney Center, doors will open at 6:30 pm.
- If you have purchased tickets for other people, make sure your entire group is together upon entry.
- Your name will be checked off the ticket manifest along with the other members of your group.
- You will draw a number from a basket. Your number will correspond with a work of art in the gallery. That work of art will be yours to take home at the end of the night.
- If you would like to trade your artwork for another one, you may go to the swapping area, which tells everyone you are willing to trade. This encourages mingling and conversation!
- At the end of the night, you must check out with a staff person who will then retrieve your work of art which you will take home.
- The Silent Auction items will also be available for viewing during this time. Bidding will end promptly at 8 pm.
- You must pay for your silent auction items first. Then, you may check out at the auditorium door to exit the event.
HOW ARTISTS AND ART SUPPORTERS CAN HELP:
We want to fill the McKinney Center Auditorium with 125 – 150 unique works of art – all around 8”x8” in size. Please do not let this size limit keep you from participating in the event. If your piece is slightly smaller or larger or doesn’t fit within those perimeters for some reason (i.e. jewelry, wood work, pottery) please discuss it with us. We are happy to have the donation.
We are asking artists and art supporters to create 8”x8” works of art to donate to the McKinney Center so that we may provide one work to each ticket holder. We ask that the artwork be valued at a minimum of $25, but can be more. We will accept 2D and 3D work. All work must be suitable for hanging or sitting on a pedestal. 2D work does not have to be framed.
We are looking for larger works of art for our Silent Auction. You may place a minimum bid on original works. 100% of the proceeds will go to the McKinney Center. You may also donate books, art supplies, etc.
Artists will retain copyright to their original images but will grant the McKinney Center rights to reproduce in digitally and in print for marketing purposes.
BENEFITS TO THE ARTIST AND ART SUPPORTERS
We are asking any interested person to help us with this project. The more diverse the work is, the more unique our event will be! Please refer this project to your friends.
All participating artists will receive recognition in print, social media, radio, etc.
Masterpiece Mingle is an art fundraising project to benefit Jonesborough’s Mary B. Martin Program for the Arts in Jonesborough, TN. The McKinney Center is a town-operated facility that employs 22 professional art faculty, conducts over 150 classes and workshops each year with a current enrollment of over 200 students each semester. The McKinney Center organizes multiple exhibitions and various craft and art vendor opportunities throughout the year.
The net proceeds of this event will go to support programming at the Center. The name of the event, “Masterpiece Mingle,” reflects the fact that, for your ticket price, you receive a work of art to take home along with an evening of music, food, and fun!
THANK YOU for your help and ongoing support of the McKinney Center!
McKinney Center Upcoming Events
Help your community by fulfilling McKinney Center's mission.
ABOUT THE MCKINNEY CENTER
The McKinney Center at Booker T. Washington School is a multi-use facility providing arts education through Jonesborough's Mary B. Martin Program.