Make A Difference
The McKinney Center at Booker T. Washington School is always seeking volunteers who are interested in donating their time, energy, and support to the arts in their community. Volunteering at the McKinney is a great opportunity for people who have a passion for arts to broaden their horizons and gain valuable experience by working alongside some of our region’s leading artists and arts educators. The arts program is housed in the historic Booker T. Washington School and it is a valuable icon within our community. Volunteers will have the responsibility and honor of interpreting the history of the building as well as its present and future mission.
Example Volunteer Opportunities:
- Helping with arts and crafts booths at regional fairs and events.
- Providing food for receptions and events.
- Distributing flyers and catalogs to area schools and organizations.
- Taking tickets or handing out programs at events.
- Helping staff events.
Volunteer Discount Policy for Art Classes
Volunteers are an important part of Jonesborough’s Mary B. Martin Program for the Arts. As a token of appreciation volunteers are eligible for 50 percent off any class after they complete 20 hours of volunteer work.
- Volunteers must complete 20 hours of volunteer work prior to being eligible for the discount.
- All volunteer hours must be documented hours in the Volunteer handbook.
- Volunteers may bank hours. However, only one discount per semester (spring, summer, fall) is permitted.
- This discount does not apply to productions, rentals, events, or other programs.
- Discounts do not apply to Musical Theatre classes or classes taught by JRT Artists in Residence.
Help your community by fulfilling McKinney Center's mission.
ABOUT THE MCKINNEY CENTER
The McKinney Center at Booker T. Washington School is a multi-use facility providing arts education through Jonesborough's Mary B. Martin Program.